Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Zucchini Bread



Every time I make this someone asks for the recipe, so here it is. The bread is sweet, moist, and delicious. The zucchini part even makes you feel a bit healthy. I make it every summer to use up the extra zucchini in my garden and freeze the loaves. The recipe came from my mom and I adapted it to make it gluten and dairy free.

Ingredients

3 cups GF flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon soda
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 eggs
2 cups sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup oil
3 cups grated zucchini (not peeled)
1-2 cups chocolate chips (optional)

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Sift together the flour, salt, soda, cinnamon, and baking powder. Beat eggs. Add sugar, vanilla and oil to eggs and mix well. Stir in grated zucchini. Add dry ingredients and blend. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into 2 greased bread loaf pans. Bake for an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment