Sunday, April 17, 2011

Chocolate Frosting

DSC_0658

The other day I attempted to make a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. I wasn’t complete sold on the cake but the frosting was wonderful!! This recipe was given to me by Kristie from her “Cooking for Isaiah” by Silvana Nardone cookbook. I only adapted the amounts.

Ingredients

2 cups DF semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup water

Directions

In a microwaveable bowl combine the chips and water. Microwave on high for 2 minutes or until the chips are melted. Stir until smooth and let cool to room temperature. With a handheld mixer, beat the chocolate mixture on medium-high speed until light and whipped; about 10 minutes.

Note: Beating the chocolate made huge mess of my kitchen. I would make sure to wear an apron and transfer the chocolate to the deepest bowl that you have before mixing.

DSC_0663

No comments:

Post a Comment