Saturday, May 28, 2011

Black Bean and Avocado Chopped Salad


Fresh, delicious, versatile, and satisfying. Those four words describe this chopped salad recipe that I got from my friend Jen Sikes. If you make only one recipe from this site, you must try this. I ate this as a fresh salsa dip with tortilla chips, a topper to my hamburger and a side to my turkey tacos. I ate those meals within four days and I never once got sick of the flavor combination. If there are any veggies that you are not a fan of, omit them. Have any veggies laying around or ones you can’t live without in a salad? Chop them up and add it to the bowl. I modified the recipe slightly, omitting the green onions and adding garlic.

Ingredients

2 Tablespoons lemon juice (one small lemon)
1 Tablespoon whole grain mustard
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 can of black beans-drained and rinsed
1 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
1 avocado, sliced
1/2 cup diced red pepper
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1/2 cup diced celery
2 green onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
1 pressed garlic clove
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions

In a separate bowl whisk together the lemon juice and mustard. Blend in olive oil whisking continuously, and set aside. In a separate large bowl add the beans and chopped veggies and gently toss. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment