Sunday, June 26, 2011

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars



Two desserts that I cannot stay away from are cookies and any peanut butter/chocolate combination. Combine all three of those together and I am in heaven. I adapted this recipe from a blog but I have no idea where it was, so sorry my credit is lacking.

Ingredients

2 3/4 cup GF flour

2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 sticks of Earth Balance, softened

2 cups of light brown sugar
3 eggs

1 teaspoon of vanilla
 extract
1 1/2 cup of DF chocolate chips
1/2 cup oatmeal
2 big spoonfuls of peanut butter

Directions

Pre-Heat Oven to 350 degrees.

Using a mixer cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time until mixture becomes creamy. Mix in vanilla extract. Sift in flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until combine. Stir in chocolate chips, oatmeal, and peanut butter.

Spray a 9X13 pan with cooking spray.

Bake for 40-45 minutes or until top is golden brown. With my oven, after 40 minutes the cookie is a little under baked which is perfect to me. If the top starts to brown too quickly cover with foil and continue to bake.

No comments:

Post a Comment