Sunday, September 16, 2012

Cucumber Greek Salad

(Image courtesy of Google Images)

I can't believe I haven't posted this recipe yet. It's my go to recipe every summer when my garden is going nuts with cucumbers. I haven't take a picture of it yet, but the one above is close to what it looks like. It's so light and refreshing on a hot summer day. I love it. The original recipe came from Eating Well and I adapted it to my tastes from there.

Ingredients
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoon fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried

4 cups peeled and diced cucumbers
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 red or green bell pepper
1 can black olives
1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional for the dairy free)
1/4 cup red onion (optional, I usually leave it off)

Directions
Wisk together olive oil, lemon juice, and oregano. Add the rest of the ingredients and toss to coat. Eat immediately or chill and serve later.

No comments:

Post a Comment