Friday, July 5, 2013

Homemade Crescent Rolls

I have to admit, I didn't actually eat these as crescent rolls. Instead I used it for a veggie pizza dough and it worked out great. The dough was a little dry to me, but worked fine for the pizza. I'm not sure how it would actually be as a crescent roll. I found this recipe on GeneralMill.com and adapted it to be GF. This recipe makes a lot and I only used half of it for one pizza. I froze the other half to use at a later time.

Ingredients

1 package active dry yeast
3/4 cup warm water (105-115 degrees)
3 to 3 1/2 cups Gluten Free Bisquick
2 tablespoons sugar
GF flour as needed

Directions

Mix yeast and warm water. Let stand 5 minutes to get happy. In a large bowl mix 3 cups Bisquick and sugar. Gradually stir in yeast mixture.

On a floured surface, knead dough until smooth and elastic (it's sticky!!), about 10 minutes. Add remaining 1/2 cup Bisquick as needed. Roll dough between 2 floured sheets of plastic wrap until desired size. If making into crescent rolls cut 12 wedges and roll them up. Transfer to greased baking pan and loosely cover to let rise in a warm place about an hour or until it has doubled in size.

Heat oven at 425 degrees. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.

1 comment: