Sunday, July 28, 2013

No-Bake Energy Bites

This recipe was a rage all over Pinterest for awhile. Although it was aimed for kids, I enjoy it as much as they do. It's a great snack, fills your sweet tooth, and makes me feel like I'm not eating complete junk. Justin isn't a chocolate fan, so I'll emit the chips for him and they are still delicious.

Ingredients

1 cup GF oatmeal
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup honey
1 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1/2 cup DF mini chocolate chips (If you can only find regular sized DF chocolate chips, I would chop them up a bit)
1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions

Mix everything about in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. It's very sticky, so chill in the refrigerator for about a half hour. One chilled, use a cookie scoop to roll into balls. Eat right away or they will last in the refrigerator for a week. (They never actually last that long in this house)

No comments:

Post a Comment