Sunday, February 20, 2011

Earth Balance

When I decided to take the dairy free plunge there were two things that I thought I was never going to survive without; chocolate (we will get to that in another post) and butter.  I mourned the loss of my buttered cinnamon toast, buttered noodles, and popcorn with melted butter, all of which are staples in my diet. 

Never-fear as those foods continue to be enjoyed with my dairy free love of Earth Balance natural buttery spread.  In my opinion this product comes very close to the taste of natural butter.  It spreads and quickly melts just like real butter. It comes in multiple flavors and in tub or stick form.  You can purchase it at Cub Foods along with any natural food store, making it very accessible for your diet restrictions

We have had great success with using Earth Balance in almost all recipes as a substitute for butter or margarine.  Kristen and Justin have had one big FAIL when it comes to EB: caramel corn.  Somewhere in the process of making a "caramel sauce" with the butter it seems to burn or at least take on a burnt flavor. 

Other than that this product is a must for any kitchen that is dairy free.

No comments:

Post a Comment