Sunday, February 20, 2011

Gluten Free Bisquick

bisquickPicture courtesy of Amazon

This is my favorite new gf product on the market. I have found that with many of the gf prepackaged mixes, there is some flour that has a very strong, appalling flavor to my palate and this is not the case with Bisquick.

I love how easy and convenient it is to make. I first tried making their regular biscuit recipe that was on the box. The biscuits were great and not as dense as many gf biscuits are. There were a little dry and definitely need some butter/Earth Balance or some honey.

I also made a pot pie recipe. (soon to be posted!) My college friend Crystal had some of her recipes published in Betty Crocker’s Bisquick magazine. Besides wanting to see her recipes, I thought this magazine would be perfect for quick and hearty meals. I know most of the magazine is geared toward using the regular Bisquick but I will be trying many of them with the gf mix.

The only downfall so far is I’ve only seen small 16 oz boxes in the store. When I made the biscuit recipe it used almost the whole box! I’d love it if they came out with the bigger 2 lb+ so I don’t have to buy 3 of them at at time.

I can’t wait to try and experiment more with this product!

1 comment: