Monday, February 28, 2011

Taco Seasoning

You'd think something as simple as taco seasoning wouldn't contain gluten or dairy. Unfortunately this is not the case and many contain one or both. Luckily it's easy to make your own and it tastes even better.

This recipe is straight from Allrecipes.com: Taco Seasoning I. I make a big batch of this, store it in a air tight container, and I I always have fresh taco seasoning on hand.

Ingredients

1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper

Directions

In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper.

1 comment:

  1. I don't use taco seasoning too much, but when I do, I like to whip together a fresh batch, using the recipe above as a guideline - great choice!

    ReplyDelete