Tuesday, March 8, 2011

DF Cream Cheese

Cream cheese seems to be a staple when it comes to dips and appetizers. There are various versions of DF cream cheeses out there but I think Kristie summed it up best with, "They all taste over-processed and like plastic." I'm sure if you are away from dairy long enough you can convince yourself that it's close to the real thing. Since I have the fortune of still eating dairy I am so.not.there. The consistency of DF cream cheese is very close to the real thing. I have discovered that if your dish is flavorful enough, you can disguise the taste and it turns out great!

The brand that we prefer is Vegan Gourmet Cream Cheese Alternative.

Image courtesy of followyourheart.com

Tofutti also makes their own version of Better Than Cream Cheese which is more widely available (at Cub versus a natural foods store). Both brands are close to the same.

I'll post some of our favorite recipes using DF cream cheese soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment